Monday, June 29, 2009

A sibling? I think NOT!

I love to cook nice family dinners and have us all sit at the table and talk and eat and enjoy a great dinner with my boys. It's one of those simple things in life that I love. It's goes along with a full fridge and pantry and laundry being done and hanging in closets and put in drawers. Not that I'm good at doing all the above mentioned stuff but I like it when it gets done.

Last night I made a wonderful dinner! It was like it was thankgiving early! I made a whole chicken,(dang bird even came with the kneck) that I seasoned to perfection, and fresh corn on the cob and a green bean casarole with home grown green beans. Ahh, the perk of having farmers and ranchers bank with you and me being the nice gal I am they shared.

So last night as we are sitting around the table, after Andrew said the prayer and Austin repeating the last word of every sentence, enjoying the sound of the mmmm's and the ahhh's.
Andrew says out of no where, "I think you guys need to have another baby!" I swear I saw a green bean shoot out of Paul's nose when he said that, and I slightly choked a bit. I asked him, "and why do you think we need another baby?" He says, "I just want another brother to play with." "I don't think so buddy, momma and daddy like it just the way it is around here." To which my smart alike child says, "Okay, I'll take a sister then, I guess I could deal with a sister."

We didn't really know what to say after that. We just told to him eat his dinner and after that he could go out to ride his bike. Thankfully he hasn't brought it up again.

No comments: