Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My first born turns 6 years old today!

6 years ago today(well, he was born on a tuesday) at 8:58pm after a long labor and delivery we finally had our first baby boy! We wondered so much how he would look, this was the mixing of 2 sets of genes here and we actually worried he'd get the worst part of us. But there he was, so small and far cuter than i could have even imagined. He was absolutly perfect.

And then we took him home and the hospital forgot to send the instruction manuel with him!
We lived in Austin TX at the time and didn't have much family there to help. It was just us and him... and he cried, and spit up with distances so great he could hit the wall on the opposite side of the room, and did I mention he cried, a lot. He had colic and ear infections all the time and the only way to make him stop crying was to put him in the umbrella stroller and push him around the apartment complex or inside our apartment if it was raining. I walked off that baby weight quickly. I thought he would never crawl or walk. He made this squishy face when you would take a picture and we took a lot of pictures!

And then before I knew it the first year went by and then the second and i thought we were so lucky that we didn't go through "terrible twos" but then the year after that was the "testing threes". And by then he was really starting to get big. We worked so hard on manners, I was determined that he would have good manners but belch like a champ. If you say excuse me after an awsome belch it makes it okay, at least in my book.
When we had Austin, Andrew was so helpful. He really has turned out to be the best big brother we could have asked for. He even help teach him how to pee in the potty.
Through the last 6 years i have seen him grow into the nicest, most polite, well mannered kid.
He tells me I look nice even when in my opinion i look terrible. He is sweet to our animals and his brother and all he meets.
And now he has a new little cousin and so many people said he would be jelous but he has shown such care and love and concern for her. he loves her and thinks it's his job to help take care of her now too.
I am so thankful on this birthday that I was lucky enough to be chosen to be Andrew's mom.
My grandma once said that God chose just the right boy to send to me, she was right.
Tonight we are going to take Andrew to eat pizza and play games and get him a new bike.
Tonight is about celebrating the best 6 years of our lives, and kiss him tons!

No comments: