Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Almost ready for a new school year... not really

So in less than a week Andrew starts kindergarden... Yes, he's repeating it.
Last year he had just turned 5 before the school year started and while he was technically old enough to go to school he just wasn't ready. So giving him a chance to grow(in more ways than one)we are ready to do this again. Well, kinda...

I'm the mom who doesn't want to send her kid to school. I couldn't home school him but i just like spending time with him and when he's in school i don't get to see him on my lunch hour.
I love the school he goes to but I get sad knowing that he's away from me all day.
I also can't believe that A. I'm old enough to have a kid in school and B. My kid is old enough to be in school...wasn't he born yesterday? Now he's about 45 inches tall and growing by the minute. We figured out his height right before we went to Sea world, checking to make sure he was tall enough for some of the rides. We're not those weird parents that count every inch he grows... that would just be too much huh?

We are getting the last of his school supplies this week and I think once we get his backpack and lunch stuff together it's all gonna sink in for the whole family. Even Austin gets sad when Bubba is at school. But here's to a great school year! May we not lose our marbles this year!

No comments: