Saturday, September 5, 2009

this and that

Well I forgot how busy life gets when the school year starts. I feel like wo don't stop!
Andrew is so far, as of week 2, doing great! He really likes his new teacher, and he's come out of his shell more than he did last year.
Austin is sad though that his brother isn't there all day to play with and when Andrew does get home he just wants him to play trains. Austin is another train loving boy! At least we are getting our money's worth on all those trains we bought for Andrew. But should anyone want to just send us lots of batteries we would be much obliged. AA and C please? Austin's birthday is coming up and we decided to do a "Thomas the Train" party for him and redo his room. I guess it's time to take the baby stuff off the wall being as he's gonna be 3. Holy crap where did the time go?

In other news.... (CNN theme song playing in my head... or is that the 60 Minutes song? Oh well)

I walked 7 miles the other day. Went with our dog Lady and my friend Morgan(who's moving away, Thanks for that one dear friend). Lady has put on a few pounds since we got her, must be the 3 year old feeding her. Maybe I should teach her to eat salad. But I stayed home that day taking care of a grumpy kid and when Morgan called I jumped at the chance to get out of the house. Well from my house to the trail, to the end of the trail and back to my house makes 7 miles, so I'm told. I felt great that night, and even the next day but two days later, I think I have shin splints. I think I might stick to bike riding.

Well, i guess that's about it. Spending time with all sorts of family this weekend. Have a great long weekend everyone!

No comments: