Friday, October 30, 2009

what does it take to get your kid chocolate milk?

We need to go to the grocery store like you wouldn't believe! How is it that you can spend $300 at the store and two weeks later it's all gone? I have 2 boys that's how!
Anyway, we ran out of juice boxes to send with Andrew for his lunch. Well he says he can get chocky milk for a coint(a quarter) and he would rather have that instead. Cool I think to myself and realize we have tons of quarters laying around the house. I tell him to gather all of them he can find and he can use all of those to get his milk at lunch time. Score one for me! Gets some stuff picked up and gets him lunch milk... I rock!

Day 1
I send Andrew to school with a coint in his lunch box and tell him to give it to his teacher so he can get his milk. He comes home mad and sad because he gave the teacher his coint but she "forgot to remember" to get him milk. *sigh* We will try again tomorrow.

Day 2
I send another quarter with him and a note in his folder to the teacher telling her about getting him milk. He comes home again saying he didn't get any milk but his money was still in his bag.
Okay... tomorrow we will get this right, I promise!!!

Day 3
I tape the damn coin to the note to his teacher!! STILL NO MILK!! WTF??? ARE THEY IDIOTS! At this point we have drama and tears and nashing of teeth and whailing.... you get it

Day 4
I walk Andrew to class and talk to the teacher myself and talk to her about the milk delema. trying to be nice to this chick that's half my age and has no clue about how it is to be a mom. She tells me I need to take our milk money to the cafeteria and tell the lunch lady to put it on his account and have her put it on the order for K5 class. Fine.
I go to the lunch lady(cue Adam Sandler song) and she says I need to tell his teacher.
I JUST WANT TO GET MY KIDS SOME DAMN CHOCKY MILK AT LUNCH TIME PEOPLE!!

On my way out the door I see the principle, a very nice round man who also has a kid in Andrew's class and i was so frustrated I kinda let him have it. Well not him but I told him of my frustration and he promised me that my child would without a doubt get his milk at lunch time.

AND HE DID IN FACT GET HIS MILK!

All of this just for a tiny carton of milk... sigh

No comments: