Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A few things going on

Well our life has been quite eventful lately! So much seems to be going on all thie time and school hasn't even started! We barely have time to swim in the pool we are so busy!

First our cat Bear was bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider. Poor cat came up to us last thursday panting like it couldn't breath. I looked at the poor cat's leg and the skin was already looking ever so gross and puss was oozing out of it... gag, gag, gag... eww enough details huh?
So I rush poor Bear to the vet and the put in an IV and got antibiotics started. Thankfully Bear would make a full recovery, Whew! What we did find out however was that we had Bear for 6 years now and thought the whole time Bear was a girl... Nope, Bear is a boy. An already fixed Boy! Well in my defense Bear is a very fluffy cat, lots of thick fur. And do you really wanna go fishin around down there to find out? Me either... But today we went to pick our our boy cat from getting stiches put in. He has to wear a collar to keep him from messing with the stiches so I took it off for a while, that and he had a look in his eye like he would mess me up in the night if I didn't. Bear the Boy cat is gonna be just fine!

Second, We are finally having the estate sale for the grandparents house and stuff in it. Seems kind of surreal really. Now we are really having to force ourselves to move on. It's stange to see things that we used everyday is now just stuff that we are trying to get rid of.
The hard part was looking at some of Grandpa's suits in the closet and remembering him in them and then i moved it and i could still smell his aftershave on it. I couldn't help myself and I took in as big a breath as I could and I hugged it like he was still there. Needless to say our family still is having a little bit of a time with the "moving on "part. But hopefully all goes well and I think in the end we all would love to see another family in there making some new memories in that house. That would make it all a happy ending, for every one...

No comments: