Saturday, January 17, 2009

Can't I just get some sleep?!

I am pooped today. Here I am sitting at work while my boys are home most likely watching carttons. (Paul included) All the while I got NO sleep last night.

I have had some problems sleeping for a while now and after talking with my doctor I am on the right, over the counter medicine. Love me some Advil PM!!!

Well not even that could have given me sleep last night!

One of the great things about the hubby working shift work and nights is that Andrew(who doesn't snore) sleeps in my bed. It's something he's done since Paul started this job. So Paul is done working nights and I tell Andrew he has to sleep in his own bed. Of course he dragged on his bedtime as far as he could and even after I turn off his tv he is singing in his bed. Well come 2am guess whose tapping me on the shoulder? I moved over because at 2 am I don't care about who is climbing in or out of the bed.

So here is how the night went for me...
10:35 I fall asleep
12:15am I wake up to Paul snoring SO bad and the tv and a few light were still on, I try to wake up Paul to turn them off and he won't wake up and starts talking giberish. I want at that point to punch him for me having to turn stuff off.
2am Andrew crawls in my bed and I move to the middle between snoring hubby and bed stealer child
2:45am Austin wakes up crying, screaming really for more water. At this time I try to get paul up to help him seeing as i am stuck in the middle. Still no response and more giberish. I get up get the baby back down and crawl back in the middle of snorey and bed theaf.
Through out the rest of the night I try to get some room in the bed without Andrew's knees in my back and telling Paul to roll on his side every 10 minutes.
7:30am it's time to get up for work.

needless to say I am going home and kicking everyone out of my bed and room for that matter and taking a long nap.

No comments: