Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Everything rides on hope now...

I have fantastic news! I went to the doctor yesterday in San Antonio about the problems I am having with the arm I broke 3 times when I was little. I really didn't think anything could be done but I went to this doctor because my mother swore he could do something for it. Well as it turns out he can fix the nerve problems i have been having with surgery. I don't care about the bone itself but if I can have some relief from all the pain in it that will be a huge life changer!

I have been dealing with problems from breaking my arm for 20 years now and have had what seems like a dozen doctors tell me they wouldn't even come near it. If you've ever seen it you know how ugly it looks; I mean don't get me wrong, I love making grown men feel weak when they see it and it's a great halloween trick but not too good for anything else.
But in the past 6 months or so the pain in it has been more than I can take... so seeing this doctor couldn't hurt anything.

He said it was an entrapt ulnar nerve with muscle atrophy... basicaly i have a pinched nerve and because of it there isn't any muscle in that arm to help me do anything. Small things even...
So he is going to go in and fix the nerve and put it in a place that it can't get pinched again.
I was overwhelmed by the thought of relief from this and couldn't help but cry. 20 years of hearing NO and now a doc who says YES he can help. It was too much to take in. I scared the doc when I started to cry cuz he thought he said something wrong, but he said everything right!
I'm actually not too scared of the surgery because I have HOPE for a good outcome. SO EXCITING!!


and in other news: we have adopted a new dog.... we she adopted us really
on my way to SA I stopped in Lavernia cuz when a 5 year old says he has to pee, you stop!
We were on our way out of the store and this dog who looks about 6 months old runs right up to us and rolls over to show us her belly. Poor girl looked liked she'd missed a few meals, an old man said he was feeding her beef jerky but that she had been hanging around the store for 2 days. He also said that if i took her with me he would buy her dog food....hmmm...
So I open the door to get the kids in and she jumps in my car and plants herself in the passenger seat. then she looked at me with those puppy dog brown eyes and i just couldn't leave her behind. So we have 2 dogs and 3 cats and 2 kids = time for a maid
We named her Lady and she is a sweet addition to our family.
And I did stop back at that store on the way home just to see if anyone had asked about her and they said no, so home she went and there she stays.

1 comment:

Timm said...

Good luck with your surgery! If you are interested, you may wish to visit our cubital tunnel forums where you can share your experiences, ask questions and get answers about your condition.

Cubital Tunnel Forums