Thursday, April 16, 2009

Take that bad guys! You can't keep Jesus Down!!

Easter weekend has come and gone and it was so busy you almost forget the reason for it.

Both Paul and I had to work at some point during that weekend and then with church and all it just flew by. It was nice though, we spent as much time as a family that we could. And we enjoyed our usual after church mexican food lunch.
So we get to church sunday morning as close to "on time" as we could get, only missed the first song so I count that as on time. Usually when we get there we drop off both boys to their classes, Austin in the 2 year old class and Andrew now goes to Kids Life since he is in school and they have a service just for his age group. He loves it! Since it was the Easter pagent Andrew didn't have his class so he came in to sit with us.

Andrew tells us all the time that he has God in his heart and I truly believe he does but since he is only 5 he doesn't get how bad Jesus had it when he died for us. I was worried about how he would react when he saw the blood on Jesus and all that came with it.

Well the part comes where Jesus is being beaten and carying the cross on his back and I have Andrew sitting on my lap so he could see. I wrap my arms tight around his just in case he wants to jump and run. He turns to me and says, "why are they hitting him? We don't hit! Mamma tell them to stop hitting Jesus!" I tell him that Jesus let them hurt him so we don't ever have to be hurt like that. "Remember, the good guys always win", I remind him.
He turns his face and i can see right into his tear filled eyes and he says, "But Mamma we love him." "I know baby, but he loved us more and he died for us and we will never have to hurt like that. This is why we thank Jesus for all he gives to us, even himself." I tell him just to keep watching cuz the better part will come.
He sees them put Jesus on the cross and covers his ears during the hammering part and then he held me so tight when they made it thunder and lightning.
Then the parts comes when the angel rolls the stone away and a bright light comes from the tomb and out walks Jesus with a white robe. The whole crowd started clapping and out of the mouth of a innocent 5 year old boy you hear, "TAKE THAT BAD GUYS! YOU CAN'T KEEP JESUS DOWN!!" It was a good thing everyone was clapping so he wasn't heard so loud but still those of us around him laughed.
I know he doesn't understand all of it but i was glad that he was able to sit through that and see why we do tell Jesus thank you for all he's done for us.

No comments: