Tuesday, February 17, 2009

15,10 AND 30

Our dryer broke this past week, I think it commited suicide. We got it 7 years ago and from what I'm told dryers should last twice that long. But what you don't realize is our great skills of over loading that poor thing. It had a hard life, it worked harder than most dryers work in their lifetime it worked in 7 years. It ate more snaps to childrens clothes and sucked away many a socks.
After all of that I would die too. So God be with you as you go to the dryer Heaven in the sky.

Well now that i made an obituary for my dryer I have to figure out what I'm gonna do to dry clothes. If any you know me well enough you know that EVERYTHING goes in my dryer, I don't buy any article of clothing if it can't go in the dryer. I don't own anything that says, "dry clean only".
So until we can get a new dryer I was way behind on laundry. We had run out of towels to dry off with, and undies that didn't have holes in them. I joked and told the hubby that I had crotchless underwear but they didn't start out that way.

So we packed up all our laundry and headed to a washiteria. I decided that since we were going to wash all this stuff at the same time I might as well wash everything. Bedding, dust ruffles, bath rugs, mattress covers and pads, all of it. To many of those in the washiteria we looked like rich spoiled people we were bringing in so many baskets. So what are the numbers at the top for?
It took us 15 washers, 10 dryers and $30 to clean it all.
I hope I get a dryer soon because I don't want to have to do that again anytime soon.
Now I just have to get it all hung or folded and put away. That could take another 7 years!

1 comment:

ERIN said...

oh lord...you are a brave woman...I dont think I could go to the washateria....I hope you get a new dryer soon