Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Picture Day

Today was picture day again at Andrew's school. They take pictures twice a year, and I just finally gave away the rest of his last pictures. Oh, well!
He didn't have to wear his uniform today and he was very happy with that. Then i told him that didn't mean he could wear his Superman costume to school. Bummer

So last night i picked out his clothes, and he approved of them too. Then I started talking to him about his smile and just to smile nice. So he turns to me and gives me the biggest, cheesiest, goober of a grin. It was a little shocking, um let's work on that.
I told him he didn't have to smile that big and he said he didn't know how not to smile that big. So we stood in front of the mirror and practiced. After a little bit he had just the right smile all ready to go. It reminded me of when my grandma and I sat in front of the mirror one for what seemed hours so I could learn to raise one eyebrow like her. I'll teach him that later.

So I got him up this morning, teeth brushed, glasses cleaned and we put some stuff in his hair so it would stay combed. As we were riding in the car to school he asked," momma, are you sure I'm handsome for pictures today?. I told him he is one of the most handsome boys I have ever seen. He said he would remember how to smile nice.
I'm sure they turned out just great and i can't wait to see them.
Now I just need to take Austin someplace to take his picture so he doesn't come back at me later and wonder why there aren't as many photos of him as there are of his brother....

1 comment:

ERIN said...

haha...Poor Austin. I think it is halarious that you practiced his smiling...very cute. you should post some pictures onhere.