Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Haircuts, Labels, and Donuts!

So I but the bullet and chopped off my hair, and colored it too. I couldn't stand the layers I hat cut into it, it looked bad and was too much work to do anything with it. That and i wore it up all the time. So yesterday i went and chopped it off. It's very nice and short. I had it cut to my chin in a cute little bob. And I had it died a medium to dark brown with some auburn, honey highlights and low lights. I know, dark, but it looks great! I'm gonna try to get to a computer that I can put pictures on so I can finally post them on here. But I'm happy with my hair!
Last night i got home and showed Andrew my hair. He was in school when I did it so when i got home i was curious to see what he said.
I walked in and said, " hey buddy look i got my hair cut and colored, what do you think?"
He looks at me puzzled for a minute and says, "get shorter so i can see it, You're too tall."
so I kneel down and he pats the top of my head, he then walks a circle around me to inspect the rest of my head. He pats around the side of my head and says, "well the side looks nice, and the top isn't bad. It's a little short, but.... I think I like it, you still look like momma so it's okay."
"Thanks kiddo, I'm glad you approve"
He then asks, "did you cry? you know haircuts don't hurt, just keep your head still. Did you get a sucker for being good?"
"No buddy, they said i was too big for a sucker."
"Well, I wouldn't go back to that place if they don't have suckers!"
Funny kid!


On another note...
I ordered labels for the boys with their names on them a while back. Andrew came home with an order form in his backpack for labels with their names on them. They were really cheap and promised to hold up in the dishwasher or washing machine so i thought i would give them a try.
They really work! I labeled just about everything! Sippy cups, diaper bags, school stuff, you name it, I put a label on it!
Well my sister was wanting to order some for her little girl who will be here at the end of may so i gave her the website.
If you are interested in great labels for your kids stuff visit the website at:
www.simplystuck.com
They have any kind of label you can think of or need. Just thought I would pass on a good thing!

And Donuts! Or Nonuts as Austin calls them.
our neighborhood is really close to a great donut shop and for 2 days in a row I have stopped to get the kids donuts or donut holes. Austin lives them, he will eat a dozen of them over the course of his day. he eats a few for breakfast and later some for a snack, then he has lunch and a nap and eats the rest when he wakes up. All the while he walks arounds the house turning his head from side to side and singing something like, "nonuts, nonuts, i like the nonuts."
he is in the phase were he could live on air so if we get something in him somedays you count ur blessings. At least he's sweet when he sings and eats...

No comments: