Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Scabies gone!

I HAVE DONE IT!!!! I washed and scrubbed and lathered all of us and everything in our house and thankfully I have made the scabies bugs run for the hills! On friday night I had to put this cream all over both kids and myself, (Paul was working that night so he put it on himself in the morning when he got home) and put us to bed praying that this stuff worked.
As I was lathering Andrew up with all the cream he says, "Mom, why do i have to put on this cream when i'm not the one with the itchies?".
I say, "it's so you don't get the itchies like Austin."
He replies, "well this stuff stinks mom."
I say, "it doesn't have a smell Andrew, and besides this stuff isn't supposed to smell good it just supposed to kill the scabies."
To that he replies, "WHAT??? It's supposed to kill babies! Well we should get Austin in the bath quick so he doesn't die, why are you putting this stuff on us if it's gonna kill babies!?"
After I pick myself up off the floor laughing till my side hurt and he's done scolding me for then laughing at him I tell him," It doesn't kill babies, i said scabies and they are little bugs that bite you and give you the itchies."
He say's, "well this had better work the first time cuz I'm not letting you put this stuff on me again."

Thankfully it did work the first time and after all clothes, sheets, car seats, carpets, couches and any other surface i could think of were treated i think we are safe.
I see know that we arent going to get through these child rearing years without this kind of stuff but at least someone in our family can make us all laugh.
And sweet Andrew will most likely be the person to do that!

No comments: