Saturday, February 7, 2009

I am slowly turning into my mother.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!

Well I had to resort to my mothers tactics this morning. It's a sad day when you wake up and have to do or say things that your mother said and you vowed to never do or say. But today i was left with no choice and was not clever enough to come up with something else.

I poured some water on Andrew to get him up and out of bed. Seriously though it should not take 30 minutes to get him up. On school days it even takes me that long. So, he had just enough water on his face that he shot up angrily out of bed yelling at me. Should I not laugh at him when he's yelling at me?
We are a family that needs and loves sleep. We take naps and try to sleep as late as possible. We are just a family that requires more sleep than others. We are cranky when we're tired and we are not at all morning people. And we don't generally speak to each other until mommy's had her coffee and the boys get breakfast...it's just how WE are.

So in not being able to get Andrew out of bed and running slightly behind and making the threats of water on him and still nothing, I did it. Water on the head and hissing and spitting!

What worse is when I find myself yelling at them and saying some of my mom's favorite quotes.
Thanks mom for all the great lines that you yelled at us as kids so we could grow up to do it to ours.

Some of the great lines my mom taught/yelled at us:

Because I said so that's why!
I'm the parent, I'll do the repremanding!
She's your sister you deal with her, has now turned into, he's your brother you deal with him.
It's time for your daily good tickling!

Well now i'm going to get some counseling to deal with this.

No comments: