Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Cool... at least for now

Today was the Valentine's lunch at Andrew's school. They were serving lasagna but the school said they didn't find the slip that I put in Andrew's backpack saying we were coming so I picked us up some food. Which turned out for the best because they didn't have enough food for every one.
I asked Andrew last night what he wanted me to pick up for him and his request was a corndog, french fries and chocky milk. So I headed to Sonic this morning and got 2 kids meals with exactly what he wanted. (Austin came too and whatever big brother eats little brother wants too)
I walked in and you could tell he was watching the door waiting for me. Wow that smile was so great to see. I got us all set up to eat and his teacher introduced me to the other mothers at the table. I had 4 of the moms ask me how I trained Andrew so well and how we got such a well mannered boy. They said he has good manners and even tells the other kids about manners and not throwing fits. They asked what my secret was..... to which i had no secret, I just got really lucky with haveing 2 great kids.
So we ate our yummy lunch and the the kids got up to sing us a song. It was great, Andrew smiled from ear to ear and Austin clapped for his Bubba the whole time.
After that it was back to class, since I had a little extra time I thought I'd hang out and let Austin play with andrew and all the toys they had out. Austin likes to stay in his brother's class and play with his friends.
So our time was up and it was time to go. I told Andrew, "bye buddy, I love you and daddy will pick you up after school."
He says, "bye momma, I love you too. You're still my best friend!" AWWW but one little kids says, "she can't be your best friend cuz she's your mom!" To which Andrew replies, "yes she can cuz my mom is cool!"

I'm Cool!!!! my kid thinks I'm cool!!! So for at least a little while I am a cool mom with well behaved, well mannered kids. We'll see how that changes when we get home tonight and I make him turn off his game to go to bed.

No comments: