Friday, February 27, 2009

Dryer 2 points....us 0

So our dryer broke 2 weeks ago. We had it looked at and the guy said that we burned out the motor and it wouldn't be worth our time or money to have it fixed and we would be better off just buying a new one. So we paid this shmo $40 bucks to tell us to buy a new dryer... thanks for nothing!
Paul being the bargen shopper he is went to every place around town to find the best deal on a dryer we liked and could afford. Got a great deal on one at Best Buy and it was just the newer version of the one we had. Cool, and what was better was it got a tiny ding on the side of it when they were moving it so we got $50 off and they would take away our old one when the new one was delivered. Can't beat that with a stick!

So me being ever so excited to use power tools I hooked up the dryer cord to it, have Paul help me bring it in and get the hose hooked up to the back of it. So excited at the reality of not having to use a washiteria again I plug it into the wall and say a tiny prayer it works, fully expecting it to do so. AND THE DAMN THING STILL WOULDN'T TURN ON!!!

Okay, don't panic, maybe the dryer cord needs to be replaced. Last night we buy a new one of those and again I get my power tools out to get it hooked up right. So sure this time it will work i plug the new cord in. WHAT?! that one doesn't work either!!!
Trying not to punch the wall and break my fingers I huff and puff and walk away!
So now we have to call our landlord to have him send someone out to check the wireing behind the breaker box and if that doesn't work i will be calling Best Buy to have yet another dryer delivered to my home. But for now I still have no dryer and laundry pilling up. What's a girl to do!? That's like having your blow dryer gong out, or your straighening iron die right before you have to leave for work.... ARGH!!!

No comments: