Thursday, March 5, 2009

Leave it to my family!

Growing up and being the girl that broke her arm not once, or twice but count em' 3 times!
So in my family we just had a long standing bill with Detar Hospital. Someone in my family was always there. Let me see if I can get the list of family members to accidents.

Dad- broke his knee playing basketball and had to have surgery.
Mom- knee replacement and I think multiple concussions. One of which I know was my fault!
Brother- broke his nose twice.
Sister- many stiches in her head! Lots of falling and cutting her head open and I'm pretty sure most of those were my fault too, I played to rough.

And...
ME- stiches in my chin, 3 times breaking the elbow, and as of two months ago a broken nose and concussion due to a car accident.

See what i mean? We paid the electric bill for that place. When doctors and nurses become family you should worry.

Well today I call to talk to my mom and she apparently hit her head yesterday and now is home with yet another concussion. Poor thing!

And then as I had just gotten out of the shower and my cell phone rings. It's Andrew's teacher... he has fallen off the monkey bars and hurt his left arm and I needed to come pick him up and take him home for the day.
Oh Man!!! Yup, my kid is just as big a clutz as his momma and Nanna(sorry but it's true)!
Well i ask her if it's swollen, does it look like he broke it? Can he pin point where it's hurt or is it generalized? and that was a NO

I go to school anyway to pick him up because it's their rules but other than a bruse he will be fine. He is now resting comfortably at his grandparents house most likely being catered to by his Mammaw. Ahh, the life of a slightly injured boy.

No comments: