Monday, March 2, 2009

Ode to my Madlen ;)

Well my saturday turned out far better than i could have ever expected!

On my way to work saturday morning I got a call from one of my best friends in the whole world and she informed me she was coming to see me. She lives in san Marcos but we have been friends since 2nd grade and even though we live far enough from each other that we don't get to see all that much of each other. But when we do get to hang out it feels like we just pick up where we left off. She has rememebered my kids every birthday and still brings presents for Christmas for them.

Well anyway back to saturday. My Madlen went with me to take the kids to the livestock show, something that would have been so much harder doing on my own. And she helped push the stroller or carry one of the kids. She helped with Andrew came out of a ride and could see me and he was crying and she rushed over to him and as soon as he saw her he was just fine.
She was more help than I deserved and so much fun too. My kids Love "Miss Madlen"!

And just when I thought the day couldn't get any better her mom, who practically raised me offered to babysit my kids for the evening in exchange for some cotton candy. So Madlen and I were able to go out on our own for a ladies night. It was the perfect ending to a great day!

Thank you Madlen for such a fantastic day and even better evening! I hope we will be those old best friends later that still go out looking for trouble! hehehe.... and what trouble we could get into!

No comments: