Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sometimes you have to give your mother a little credit ;)


I have to give my mother some credit for a few things today.


First, she gave me this recipe a while back for a corn salsa. I belive she got it from somewhere else but she made it for us when we were in SA last and it's addicting. Today at work we had to bring something to share for a birthday. I'm not much of a sweet eater so stuff like this I really enjoy, plus it has tomatos or panatos as my kids call them so that makes it even better. Well I brought it to work today and got lots of praise from all the ladies here that are on diets becasue it stays within their diet. (what's a diet?)

Well i thought i would pass along this recipe for those who read this to enjoy too!


Corn Salsa

1 lrg can corn
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 large avocado diced
1 can rotel (hot, regular or mild. Whichever you prefer)
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
1 small tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
½ cup zesty Italian dressing


Drain all your cans and rinse the corn and beans.

For a smaller portion just substitute for 1 regular can corn
1 can of tomatoes
A little less Italian dressing


Enjoy!


Also, mom gave me this book to read this past weekend and she said it was fantastic. I've heard about it from tv and a few people who have read it. I must say I can't put it down. It makes you think, and it messes with your head a little. I'm only half way through it so we'll see how i feel about it when i'm done. I highly recommend everyone reading this. i don't want to say too much about it because i don't want you to think I'm crazy and not read it. But go out and buy this book! like my mom said, don't put it down how tough it gets, just keep reading!
Good Job mom!

No comments: