Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sussa's cake!

I had this really great idea for my sister's cake for her shower down here on the 28th of march.
I have been watching the Food Network Channel way too much and I love the shows where groups compete for money and the make cakes or desserts or stuff. Some of the things these people come up with are awsome. I really should have gone to culinary school before I had kids. I'm a great cook and very creative in the kitchen. I also want to be on Hell's Kitchen! I could so take that show!!
Anyway, back to the cake...

It's going to be two baby blocks stacked on top of each other. The top one will be a half turn to the side from the bottom one. So it doesn't look like one extra tall block. the icing will be buttercream, I was going to do fondant but it was more expensive and the lady who makes the cakes said she could make them look more realistic if i went with icing. The color of the blocks will be green, not lime green or pastel green but in between those colors. On the edges of the outside of the blocks will be boardered in white.
The front of the top block will have a P on it in purple for Poppy and on the bottom block around it will spell out the rest of Poppy. The sides on top that don't have letters on it will have poppy flowers drawn on them in purple too. And then on the very top in yellow will say "Congradulations Melissa and Jonathan" will little purple poppy flowers around it.

Oh, the flavors of the cakes! the top block will be chocolate with chocolate frosting in the middle and the bottom block will be red velvet with cream cheese icing in the middle. Sussa's Favorite!

We won't say how much it cost me for that but it will be worth every penny!
I think it will make a great center piece until it's eaten and then it should make for lots of tasty cake!

2 comments:

ERIN said...

wow! that sounds amazing! I soo want to see pictures.

Stephanie Cole said...

wow, that sounds amazing!