Monday, March 9, 2009

We're sick and running out of injuries

We have been wonderful hosts this past weekend to the stomach flu. It came on friday morning and has visited with all of us and still continues to wear out it's welcome as of today. It started with Andrew and I and then got Austin and now has a hold of Paul. While he was working this past weekend we stayed at home cleaning up more poop and vomit than any normal person could stomach, and at times i didn't stomach it so well. You know it's bad when the first thing out of Austin when he woke up was to say he was stinky and peew. This was not going to be an easy weekend.
OOOOHHH... just got a message from Paul that Austin pooped all over him and the floor(through the diaper he has on) and Andrew accidently stepped in it and threw up all over the floor. Darn shame i'm at work huh!



So we were stuck inside the house from friday through the weekend. Poor kids had cabin feever so bad. I finally got all the mess cleaned up out of Austin's bed from the morning he woke up covered from head to toe in poop. A mess you really just wanna burn. But I had puppy and pillow cleaned up and Austin had them both by the back door saying "I go, I go now!" Which means get me out of this house right now!

I decided we should at least go for a walk for even just a little bit. Should anyone need to puke there is always grass that needs to be furtilized and should someone poop, well at least there is fresh air till we could get home. We even took the dog with us.

Andrew was riding his bike(that he is so ready for the training wheels to come off) and I pulled Austin and his Ucy in the wagon. We actually went pretty far and as we were headed back in the direction of home Andrew tells me. "Mom we have gone very far and I'm running out of injury."

"What?" i ask

"I'm really tired and running very low on injury, I could use some gatorade."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Those words were so right in his little head but not the way it was supposed to come out.

I told him "you need energy not injury". He says, "which one will get me the gatorade?"

I said "energy will get you the gatorade". he says "well that works, just so long as i can get some of that." Okay buddy.

Silly kid, but all the while we were feeling bad and under the weather both of those boys found ways to brighten the day. Yes we drove each other nuts but we also has some fun laughs.

We played video games and dominos and memory games and ate stuff that was easy on our tummies with lots of sprite and gatorade. Even though we were sick somehow it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be.


update:
Last night poor little Austin put himself to sleep at 7:30pm. We thought he was playing in his room and went in to check on him and there he was curled up on his bed with his pillow and puppy sound asleep with his lights and tv on. Poor guy had a long day of the poops.
Cutest little poopy monster you ever did see!

No comments: